Friday, July 2, 2010

Post Orvieto Journeys






So its been quite a bit since I've written. This is because my last week in Orvieto was a turbulent hurricane of studying for Italian, taking an AMAZING cooking class, squeezing in some final runs, preparing for my digital photography final, and topped off with a trip to Rome on that Friday to pick up Eugene from the airport. *phew*! It was a lot and went by so fast.

Since leaving Orvieto Eugene and I have journeyed to Venice and then to Florence where I now sit. Tomorrow morning we are off to Roma where we will spend our last day and a half in Italy. I am left with mixed emotions about the short remainder of time for our trip. On one hand I look forward to the comfort of familiarity that returning to Tucson brings, even to some extent my job (the monetary aspect at least), and I have found myself day dreaming about running on a treadmill! But I don't feel ready quite yet to go back. I haven't mastered Italian, or spent long luxurious days wondering around a city just to wander and then cozy up in a cafe and journal for hours. I know I have had five weeks in Orvieto to do just this yet I find myself wishing for more. I am soaking up every last bit of aqua frizzante (frizzy water), Italian TV, and loud zooming vespas that I can (and I really don't like the noise vespas make).

Today we visited Pisa. I don't have any pictures uploaded for them yet but please enjoy the ones I have posted from Orvieto (Eugene and I at the farewell dinner), Venice (picture taking from Ponte Academia), and Florence where Eugene was admiring a beautiful (replica) door of the baptistry of the duomo in Firenze.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment